Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Retell the scene where where Henry pries the flag from Wilson during the battle? Be sure to explain what thoughts would be going through Henry’s mind. Did he choose to get the flag because of pride for his country or for himself

Retell the scene where where Henry pries the flag from Wilson during the battle? Be sure to explain what thoughts would be going through Henry’s mind. Did he choose to get the flag because of pride for his country or for himself

We charged into battle. As we ran bullets rained down upon us. It was a bullet storm. Men were falling in screams of pain, jut to be trampled underfoot. As I ran with Wilson, the flag bearer dropped in a moan of agony. "This is my chance," I thought. "I can finally prove to those imbeciles of generals that i'm not no mule driver. As I throw down my gun and grab the flag, I feel a resistance on it. I look up to stare into the face of Wilson. "Give it here!" i say annoyed as he gives it a tug. "No you give it!" He yells back. I yank it from his hands and run toward the enemy lines. "Come on," I yell "We gotta push!" As I see the remaining men, I realize that the charge is a fail. "Get to cover! Get to some cover yeh lunk heads!" I yell as the remaining men wander around, lost in the clouds of smoke. As I found the cover of a tree, the rest of the regiment regrouped. "We gotta get outta here!" I said. We fought until it was clear to run. Then we ran our behinds off.

No comments:

Post a Comment